Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Thursday, October 10, 2013

Explanations for my numerous dislikes

When I dislike something, I usually have a good reason for it. A hint: I'm an underdog, and I don't like big dogs.

NOTE: When I dislike something, I have a reason, not a "I just don't like it." Even if it's a silly reason, I can back up what I say.

The Star Alliance: If Emirates were to join the alliance, every non-SA member would be in trouble. Emirates (which in itself deserves an entry) is an airline that does not know when to stop growing. The Star Alliance is the largest alliance (and oldest of the three alliances). But they do have some good players: LOT Polish Airlines is I think one of the world's better airlines, paying good attention to their key markets. Hopefully the Dreamliner, now not grounded, restores the airline's shine.
Airbus: "Haha, we're better than you Boeing." Personally, I'd like to give the finger to the heads of JAL for ordering Airbus jets. I call that going to the dark side. Sure, they have cookies, but they taste like fucking plastic! Airbus is turning into a global company, something I'm no fan of. Stay in Europe, you arrogant pricks! I do respect Airbus for their ergonomically and psychologically comfortable cockpits (and type commonalities) but the balance between Boeing and Airbus is for me growing uncomfortable. This has been a bad year for Boeing. I sadly hope that Airbus has one next year. Here's a hint for the (not based in Seattle anymore) giant: move your HQ back to the Jet City, and build a second 737 plant. And build a real 737 successor. The 737 has hit its limits. It kind of did already with the Next Generation lineup (the -600/-700/-800/-900). Do you WANT to lose more orders to those guys in France?
The New York Yankees: I'm a Mets fan for a few reasons: they're not overhyped, I was born in Queens, the only MLB game I've ever been to was at Shea Stadium (obviously the Mets were playing that day, and I couldn't sit still) and . But it's more than geography that makes me a Mets fan. Of course, a survey has shown that Yanks fans are more likely to be sober. But I should go easy on the Bronx Bombers-they've had a rough season. Even their network agrees with me! (A team with an ego issue? YEAP!)
Wall Street Journal: The kings of paywalls. Also, I disagree with their op-eds, and I couldn't have a calm chat with Rupert Murdoch. Couldn't. Impossible. HINT: if you want free local news articles, check out your TV station's website. They haven't gone paywall. YET.
New Jersey: you can have your football teams, Hudson County (which is a DUMP) and Chris Christie. (Okay, Christie is a Met fan. Partially forgiven). And the whole thing about NJ being an obnoxious state. I'm with former governor Mario: root for the Bills.
West of the Hudson River: I think taking the bus to New York City and ShopRite are ridiculous. This article I couldn't give a shit about.
House Speaker John Boehner: you care more about being Speaker than our country's sovereignty and safety. Go back and stay in Ohio. And Rep. Mark Meadow, I hope NC voters kick you out of Congress.
Obama: You should have gone to marketing school. Or have brought in (now deceased) Steve Jobs to package Obamacare.
McDonald's: "I'm lovin' it" IS SO BLEEPING ANNOYING! Do something else with your marketing. As for me, I'm sticking with the Satisfries. But even I'll agree: McD's makes darn good fries.

And that's not even one-fourth the list. Or one-tenth. I'll probably add to this list as I see fit.

If these things were a little different, I might not have frayed nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment