Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Monday, August 12, 2013

2013: Something's Shaping Up to be A Decent Year

On New Year's Day, I didn't think 2013 would bring some good cheer. But eight and a half months into the year, things are looking up. It turns out that autism and varsity cheerleading, albeit rare, exist, in fact, a little more common than I thought (proving that my novel is possible in real life), I was able to attend the ASPEN conference this year, the move to Ferndale will happen, and I'm getting all the closer to publishing my novel. I might have a future career as an autism activist and I've realized that the sky is my limit. There are still people I haven't met that I've heard of that I so badly want to meet.

And the world around me is also showing to be doing well this year. The Republicans have alienated themselves almost as bad as I can alienate a girl, through railroading in some of the most oppressive laws our nation has ever seen. The Democrats? Half of them are fighting President Obama's intrusive spying programs. However, the Democrats this summer have fared better than the Republicans, who haven't mentioned something on the mind of almost every American: jobs. Texas by 2015 might have a woman for governor.

There's a couple of other things I can't remember that are shaping 2013 to be a good year. Part of that might be that I email people, I hear back and the people I write to value what I have to say. The difficulties I have faced this year I believe will help to make 2014 a blockbuster year for me, the year I become a new leader in the autism community. If there's someone making the best of a bad situation, it's most likely me.

No comments:

Post a Comment