Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Friday, August 16, 2013

Are autistics more destructive/hard on stuff?

I've been wondering that too.

Sometime this weekend or next week, I will have to buy new shoelaces and new insoles for my shoes if I want to keep wearing them. I have worn them so much that the insoles have skid marks in them. And I walk very heavily, something I'm not sure if I can help. But in general I notice things with me wear out a little faster: for instance, my jeans and shorts are unwearable in a shorter period than others. Could it be related to motor skill issues?

The same thing goes for computers. I rested my bottom right arm (left if facing me) on my MacBook Pro. For the last year I used it, using the optical drive was a pain for any disk I put in scratched. I still have it, but it's pretty much retired. And no, I'm not scrapping, junking or giving it away.

Do any of my other autie/Aspie friends and followers have the same problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment