Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Tuesday, August 6, 2013

National Undies Day....yes, there IS such a thing

Yesterday, I ventured into the concrete jungles of New York City to check out the National Underwear Day Festivities.

The adventure began even before the bus pulled into the Port Authority Bus Terminal. A older woman (maybe my mom's age) was walking her dog and tripped and fell. I didn't see her fall, I saw her on the ground, helped her up while some other passer-by's called 911. The woman wasn't seriously injured, but more shaken up. Really shaken up. We tried seeing how to get this woman home, but she was reluctant to speak to her daughter, and I found out why.

I flagged down a traffic cop and he called a backup and when the backup came (sans ambulance), he asked one question to the lady.

"Have you been drinking ma'm?"

She nodded, and then it all made sense. I should have suspected it myself. Oh well. This is in general why I don't drink to begin with: I have slightly impaired senses already and I don't want to ruin that even further. The officer asked me where I was living (staying) and I was on my way into the city.

After sitting in traffic for an hour, I arrived at the terminal and made my way to Times Square. The turnout for the event wasn't as big as expected: you have to be crazy to be out in public with your underwear. I'm not sure if they broke the world record or not. Hmm, gives me an idea for a mass gathering of auties and Aspies. Furthermore, Z100 was sponsoring the event, and I come from the school of thought that Z100 and WHUD are both EVIL. They ruin everything they touch. No wonder I dislike Celine Dion. Besides the point, here are some pictures:









Also, before I go, I need to make a public service announcement: our loving cats are plotting to kill us. I love my cat no matter what though. She's loyal, even when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment