Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sasha's commentary for August 1, 2013: A couple of links I found on the Internet

I guess I really need to work on the part of my brain that deals with abstract concepts, because I'm at the concrete stage of development on Piaget's scale in regards to sex. But how the hell do you sleep with the husband you are separated from? Jenn Ford, do us a favor, and reconcile with your husband. It's not "ex" sex, it's being somewhat of a whore. Granted, at least you're honest and have some rationality behind the whole enchilada.

Crushes. Yes, I have them, and at least one of them is a D-list celebrity who was briefly famous for a few weeks*. Another is a violist that I went to college with, and never took a class with (sad face).But it seems there is an explanation why I stalk (sort of) my crushes' Facebook pages (the few I have, it's more than one, some are stronger than others). Well, now there's an explanation for the phenomena of looking aimlessly at people's Facebook profiles. It's got something to do with slot machines.

Larry Summers is rumored to be Obama's choice as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. POTUS also had some harsh words for the Huffington Post. Summers is someone who doesn't need defending. He's screwed America in more ways than one, heck a college at Harvard couldn't stand him. God, anyone but Summers. My choice would be Robert Reich or Paul Krugman, but feel free to add your own to the mix. I will be writing a letter to Obama mentioning my dismay.

10 birth control myths: even I learned something from this!

Simon Cowell, who seems to hate many things, is expecting his first child with socialite Lauren Silverman. God help us on this one too. Silverman is now facing a divorce-she's married, or at least WAS. Cowell reminds me too much of Charlie Sheen, except Sheen doesn't fool around with married women. I don't mind people having children out of wedlock, heck, I wouldn't mind it myself. I hope to have my first child before I'm married. However, said child's mother would be my fiancée. But what are you doing fooling around with someone's wife. Granted, Silverman is pretty.

In happier news: Tish and Billy Ray Cyrus are getting back together. :-) Just one more reason I support many couples, if not ALL married and soon-to-be married couples getting marriage counseling. For me, it will be mandatory. If your husband's autistic, it's a real good thing to have.

When I'm famous, could I be your red-eye partner, Emma Roberts? (That's an overnight flight, for those of you who don't understand aviation terminology) I don't have a fear of flying, and plus, you're darn pretty. Also, I'd call it a date too. Informal though, to boot.

Chris Christie and Rand Paul are at a verbal war at this point. I'm siding with the New Jersey governor on this one. Superstorm Sandy relief is also an economic booster too. Senator Paul, you don't like anything, do you?

As someone dealing with the conflict of causal sex (and my general immaturity), Glee's Matthew Morrison didn't lose his v-card until he was 21. I'm almost 23, so I don't feel all that bad. But with my luck, it'll be with the woman I spend my life with. Worse, I'll be her like fifth or sixth sexual partner. And that's why I'm so fixated on the whole kabash.

And that's the way it is today. I'm not Walter Cronkite.

*By the way, Alexis Wineman is more than just the first person on the autism spectrum to compete at Miss America, she's quite possibly the first woman with autism to ever compete in ANY beauty pageant. The press really needs to get that one straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment