Just some miscellaneous ramblings from an Upstate New Yorker.


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sasha's Commentary for August 27, 2013: A World of Discombabulation

As we close out the end of summer season, I just want to wish the collegiate/high school class(es) of 2017 my best as you start your journeys, the class(es) of 2014 a great last year of high school/undergrad/grad school. The world is definitely a crazy place, and here's some enlightening examples.

Let me be frank: this would be a good opportunity for Scott Walker to repair the relationship with Democrats by taking the high speed trains out of mothballs, and working with Illinois to expand service on the Hiawatha line. And it's not a bad idea either, especially with the fact that those trainsets are going to waste. Note to Wisconsin: don't elect power-hungry like Scott Walker. He's the kind of person who appears to like to give everyone the shaft. And Wisconsin residents shouldn't have to wait years for decent rail service. It is kind of penny wise and dollar foolish. The programs Republicans like to cut do little to reduce the deficit. And rail ridership is up across the nation. Youngsters don't like driving.

Yahoo's changed their logo, or are they going Google? Changing your branding is risky business.

Meanwhile, in the same city where Carly Fleischmann is celebrated, same metropolitan area, some eugenist, "pissed off mother" had some really nasty things to say. Let me be clear: autistic individuals have the same right to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness as neurotypicals do. It's wrong of anybody to stop that. And while we're still on the pissing off topic, how many states does Rick Perry intend to piss off? Wendy Davis, please get elected governor! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Rick Perry is on a mission to bring as much business to Texas.

Daily sex for an entire year? I'll be lucky if I have sex 365 times in my ENTIRE LIFE! Are you trying to get pregnant? Well, this looks like the way to do it!

Everyone might want to and likes to bash New York City, but it isn't a bad place to live. People walk everywhere, energy use per capita is low as hell, the water is clean (and let's keep it that way, Governor Cuomo!), and in general, the quality of life in New York is wonderful. It's just a healthy place to live, physically and spiritually. Texas could learn a LOT from New York City.

No lie, Star Hughes is pretty. I read a little of her blog, she's a 21 with an MBA. I seriously wonder if she ever had time for anything. She's traveled quite a bit though.I would have done anything to have been an executive by the time I turned 21. I just lack the energy required for that sort of ambition. Or at least the mental stamina. Lately, I've been realizing that for all these years I've had some unrealistic ambitions? I still don't know what the heck to do with my life.

 I have made no secret of my support for Bill de Blasio. Although John Liu has good points (legalizing pot, healthcare issues), de Blasio believes in bringing the city together and he comes off as populist, while Christine Quinn seems to be on a power trip. I understand why the Times would endorse Quinn over de Blasio. de Blasio isn't part of the NYC political elite, despite being the third or fourth most powerful man in city government. However, it was a close race for the endorsement. And his kids go to public schools in New York City. Private school education at the K-12 level is alienating in some regards, and I no matter what will send my kids to public school. de Blasio's position on being against stop and frisk also is something I like, or at least making it more racially fair so that all New Yorkers are targeted equally (I see him eventually doing away with it). We live in an era of mistrust, and we need to cultivate a positive environment that allows for trust. I've rode the New York City subways at 2AM. I am not afraid of doing so again.

I found out my ex-girlfriend has a Twitter page. I hope all is well by her. I regret having gone nuts that semester we broke up, but I had some family issues.

I wish I were asexual, as it would make aspects of my life less complex. But I desire a wife and a family of my own, so nope. As someone with autism, relationships and persuasive speech are uphill challenges. I can count on one hand how many girls I've been romantically involved with. Yes, one hand. I might need to get Huffington Post's magazine to look at the article.

On another front, this has not been a good summer in the dating department. A total drought, and at least three girls I've had a crush on have entered relationships. Ugh. I sometimes wonder if I will ever find that special someone. While I am of course happy for all these individuals, I am also jealous.

I'm also jealous of this guy: Simon Cowell. I know he's got what I don't have, but still. He'll always be a jerk, even if fatherhood mellows him out. His personality is too combative, and unlike me, he's always combative, or so it seems.

UPDATE: The Onion might be more accurate than Chris Matthews on things: they got Miley Cyrus's career right.

And finally, I am so close to finishing my novel, but I'm also as lost as can be. If anyone wants to help, I would appreciate it. Especially people who have an interest in autistic fiction.

I give up on this individual entry. I might edit it as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment